Rules for placing advertising in www.saladovillagevoice.com
1. If you submit a classified ad for employment or real estate, you agree to obey all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including the federal Fair Housing Act. Furthermore, it is against the rules of this site to use language in employment or real estate ads that discriminates on the basis of classes protected by law, including but not limited to: race or color, national origin, religion, sex, mental or physical handicap, familial status (families with children), pregnancy, veteran's status, sexual orientation, marital status, and income source.
3. Advertiser and Agency represent that there is nothing in any advertisement or other material provided by Advertiser or Agency, or in any material to which the advertisement or other material links or refers, that violates any personal or proprietary right of any third party, constitutes false advertising, is harmful, or violates any law or governmental regulation. Advertiser and Agency agree to indemnify and hold harmless Service, its employees, and representatives against all liability, loss, damage and expense of any nature, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the publishing, distribution, or transmission of any advertisement submitted by or on behalf of the Advertiser regardless of whether Service participated in the creation of such advertisement, or the linkage of any advertisement to any other material, or the loss, theft, use, or misuse of any credit or debit card or other payment, financial, or personal information.
4. Service reserves the right, at its absolute discretion and at any time, to reject or delete any advertising copy, whether or not the same has already been acknowledged and/or previously published, including but not limited to for reasons relating to the contents of the advertisement or any technology associated with the advertisement. The rejection of copy by Service shall require Advertiser and/or Agency to supply new copy acceptable to Service. Advertisements that simulate editorial content must be clearly labeled "ADVERTISEMENT" and Service may, in its sole discretion, so label such copy.
5. Service, at its option, may terminate its relationship with Advertiser for the breach of any of the terms hereof, it being specifically understood without limitation that failure on the part of either Advertiser or Agency to pay each bill on or before its due date shall constitute a breach. Should Service terminate, all charges incurred together with short-rate charges shall be immediately due and payable.
6. This agreement may not be assigned by Advertiser or Agency without the prior written consent of Service, and any assignment without such prior written consent shall be null and void. The Advertiser or Agency may not use any space for the advertisement either directly or indirectly of any business organization, enterprise, product, or service other than that for which the advertising space is provided by Service, nor may Advertiser or Agency authorize any others to use any advertising space.
7. Service will provide a quantity of visits, impressions, circulation, or other usage of the Service or the advertisement only if expressly so stated by Service. If not, Service makes no guarantee or representation as to such activity, nor as to the use of any particular tracking or information-gathering devices.
8. Orders containing terms, rates or conditions in addition to or conflicting with those contained herein may be accepted but such terms, rates, or conditions are not binding on Service unless Service has specifically agreed to them in writing.
9. In the event of a suspension of Service due to computer or network malfunction, congestion, repair, strike, accidents, fire, flood or any other cause or contingencies beyond the control of Service, it is understood and agreed that such suspension shall not invalidate this contract, but a) will give Service the option to cancel this agreement, or if Service does not do so, b) upon resumption of Service this contract shall be continued, and in any event no liability for damages shall be incurred by Service by reason of such suspension.
10. Advertiser and Agency agree to be jointly and severally liable for the payment of all bills and charges incurred. Advertiser authorizes Service, at its election, to tender any bill to Agency, and such tender shall constitute due notice to Advertiser of the bill and such manner of billing shall in no way impair or limit the joint and several liability of Advertiser and Agency. Payment by Advertiser to Agency shall not discharge Advertiser's liability to Service. The rights of Service shall in no way be affected by any dispute or claim as between Advertiser and Agency.
11. Advertiser and Agency agree to reimburse Service for its costs and attorney's fees in collecting any unpaid charge.
12. If Service revises its advertising rates, Advertiser and Agency agree to be bound by such rates, provided Service gives at least thirty (30) days notice of such increase. However, in such event Advertiser and Agency may elect not to place any further advertisements after the effective date of the increase.
13. Subject to section 9 herein, Service's liability for failure to publish an advertisement shall not exceed a credit for Service's charge for such advertisement. Service's sole liability (and Advertiser's sole remedy) for errors/omissions by Service in published advertisements shall be to provide Advertiser a credit for the actual space of the error/omission if the error/omission is brought to Service's attention no later than 5 working days after the advertisement first appears; however, if a copy of the advertisement was provided or reviewed by Advertiser, Service shall have no liability.
14. Failure by Service to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not be considered a waiver of such provision.
15. Advertiser and Agency recognize that the copyright in any advertisements created by Service is owned by Service. As to all other advertisements, Advertiser and Agency agree that Service has the non-exclusive right, for the full term of copyright, by itself or through third parties, to republish and re-use any advertisements submitted hereunder in any form in which the advertisements may be published or used (in any media now in existence or hereafter developed) in whole or in any part, whether or not combined with material of others.
16. Any bill tendered by Service shall be conclusive as to the correctness of the item or items therein set forth and shall constitute an account stated unless written objection is made thereto within ten (10) days from the rendering thereof. In addition, unless otherwise agreed, all impressions and/or other measurements of ads hereunder shall be solely based on Service's calculations.
17. All issues relating to advertising will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein. Any action brought by Advertiser and/or Agency against Service relating to advertising must be brought in the state or federal courts in Texas; and the parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in connection with actions relating to advertising.
18. To the extent any advertisement is distributed/delivered via electronic mail, Advertiser agrees to comply with all federal, state and local rules, laws, and regulations applicable thereto, including without limitation the federal CAN-SPAM Act and all state "Do Not E-mail" registries. Advertiser shall fulfill all obligations of a "Sender" as defined in the federal CAN-SPAM Act, and comply with Service's reasonable policies intended to comply therewith. Advertiser will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Service for any liability, penalties, and/or expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees) in connection with a breach or alleged breach of this Section 18.
19. Salado Village Voice is acting herein as a venue, not a seller or auctioneer. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
20. Because we are a venue, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you fully release, and forever discharge and covenant to hold harmless Salado Village Voice (and our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their and our respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, members, assigns, and successors in interest) of and from any and all liabilities, losses, expenses, actions, rights and causes of action of whatsoever kind or nature, resulting from or in any way related to or in any way arising or growing out of any and all known and unknown damages, expenses, costs, losses, liabilities, claims, and the consequences thereof, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
21. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other materials ("Content") contained on this website, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. Salado Village Voice do not control the Content posted and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, sensitivity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will Salado Village Voice be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any Content posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted to you via the website. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using the website. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense. There may also be risks dealing with international trade and foreign nationals. By using this website, you agree to accept such risks and you agree that Salado Village Voice is not responsible for the acts or omissions of users on the website.
23. The foregoing terms shall govern the relationship between Service and Advertiser and Agency. Service has not made any representations to Advertiser or Agency that are not contained herein. Unless expressly agreed to in writing signed by Service, no other terms and conditions in insertion orders, copy instruction, letters, or otherwise will be binding on Service.
Prohibited Items and Services
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items or services listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. You may not sell the following items or services under any circumstances:
1. Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
2. Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers (Note: Salado Village Voice allows the posting of antique firearms made before 1898 and replicas of antique firearms that have matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar ignition systems, subject to removal in Salado Village Voice 's discretion. All other firearms are prohibited.)
Any concealed weapon.
Any explosive device.
Martial arts weapons.
3. Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute the same), prescription drugs, and medical devices, including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
4. Any item that violates any U.S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U.S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), Sudan, and any other embargoed country.
5. Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to:
Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
Sale of back-up copies of software.
6. Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
"Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, or government identification.
Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
7. Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan or the Westboro Baptist Church. Official government-issue stamps and coins are not prohibited under this policy. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Salado Village Voice in its discretion.
8. Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. (Please note: Pets may be offered for sale on Salado Village Voice Classifieds.)
9. Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
10. Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
11. Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
12. Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
13. Materials that could combine to create an explosive devise.
14. Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake IDs for age verification, fake government credentials, passports, green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.) generally restricted for sale under federal and state law.
15. Stocks and securities.
16. Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
17. Individual contracts for services, and any item that is non-transferable.
18. Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue.
19. Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or local regulations.
20. Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g., used underwear).
21. Any items that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in Salado Village Voice 's sole discretion.
22. Any other item or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Salado Village Voice determines, in their sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Salado Village Voice.
Other Rules Regarding Classifieds
Additional rules for Salado Village Voice Classifieds are posted at various places within Salado Village Voice Classifieds. Salado Village Voice in its sole discretion, may change these rules without notice.